Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Worthy at All Times

*Piece Number Eight*
  So I was sitting her debating if I should blog about an experience I had because it's not college related BUT it did happen when I was in st. george getting ready to go to freshmen orientation. But I guess it can be an experience that I will need in college anyways ill just share the story. So my family and I drove to St.george on Monday to prepare for orientation Tuesday. When we were there my mom got way sick, she was already sick but it got worse. I called my good friend Allen and asked if him and his dad could give my mom a blessing because she's way sick and tomorrow is a very important day. He said of course so we drove to his house.
    When we were there Allen started the blessing and then his dad, brother, and brother in law joined in on the blessing. It was the coolest thing I have ever watched. You could totally feel the spirit, that was only Allen's third time giving a blessing and it was amazing. It was just so cool to know my friend was worthy and honoring his priesthood that he could participate in giving my mom a blessing. He acted in a time of need no questions asked, I gained a whole new respect for him. This experience made me want to make sure that I'm worthy at all times that I'm on the right track of being the best me that I can possibly be. When I go to college and I'm ready to start steady dating someone I want them to have those kind of morals, I want them to be worthy at all times and be able to act in a time of need. Who knows maybe some day ill be able to share this experience in institute and it will make some young man in my class want to better himself. This experience also made me think of a Mormon Message I watched called sanctify yourselves. Its about a little league football team who was playing on a rainy day and one little boy got struck by lighting and a young man who was worthy to use his priesthood had to use it right then and there in a time of need its such a good video. Heres the Link its only like 5 mins watch it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hew-QARTo00

2 comments:

  1. I am not familiar with your religion and their beliefs but I do understand how important it is to be ready to serve and be used by God. That is why I find it important to always do your best to keep a strong connection with God. God has used me in many ways too to help others and it's an amazing blessing.

    I am proud of you for having a heart to serve and be used by God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey check out my blogs sometime. www.papisgirl4life.blogspot.com and www.templeofgodfitness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete