Sunday, June 10, 2012

Acceptance of the Acceptance

         (For whoever is reading this I hope you find something in anything I post that can help you. My blog is going to be about my experience getting ready for college and my experience there.)
           *Piece Number One*     Any who my whole life I knew BYU was the college for me, I wanted nothing more then to attend that school. It would just be perfect I am A member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day-saints so I knew that school would be the perfect fit. I worked my butt off in school making sure I had the GPA to go and everything else you need.  As I completed the long application to BYU provo and Idaho I had a bundle of mixed feelings. What if I don't get in? Where will I go? What will my family and friends think? I would be absolutely heart broken, so not getting in was not an option.
     I waited what felt like FOREVER to know if I had been accepted into the school of my dreams. My best friend Miry called me and was screaming " I GOT INTO BYU I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!" I was so happy for her but then a dark cloud of fear came over me I started to feel sick worried that I did not get in. I couldn't find the courage to go check so I waited a wapping three weeks to check. When I finally decided to my hands were so clammy  my heart was pounding out of my chest as I clicked the tab Check my Status. First I opened my letter from BYU provo as I started to read it tears quickly filled my eyes when I saw a sentence I would never forget. Kendall BYU is sorry to announce you will not be attending our school in the summer or fall. I felt lower then lower, I felt as worthless as a white crayon and that's pretty worthless. I was so upset I didn't even want to check BYU Idaho's letter but I did. I started to read there letter and it said those same sickening  words.
    I honestly had so many feelings there isn't enough paper to write it all. I cried and cried and cried for two weeks! Yes two weeks! When I say BYU was/is my dream school I mean it. A huge bundle of my friends got into BYU, people who didn't want to go or didn't deserve to go got in, so I had no idea why I couldn't get it. I was embarrassed and ashamed when everyone at church asked me if I got in and I had to say " No but that's okay ( with a fake smile)" When my friends and family asked me it was even worse. I felt so dumb that I didn't get in. I prayed to know why I didn't get it, I prayed for comfort, I prayed for some answer of what I could do now that I felt like my life was over.
    A few weeks later I received a letter in the mail from Dixie State College. It said I was accepted into the fall term. I couldn't feel anything because it was not where I wanted to go. I told my family, friends, and people from my ward. Everyone thought it was just great, but there was a problem I didn't think it was great at all. I prayed asking is this where I'm suppose to be? Please let me feel comfort that I will be okay here and this is where you want me to go. I got my answer this time, I felt great I felt like I needed to be at Dixie. I have no idea why and I may not ever know but I do know July 23rd my life will change. I do know I will not be alone because two of my child hood friends will be attending Dixie as well and we are even rooming in the same hall. I do know that at the end of every dark tunnel is a light to guide you out. I am so excited for Dixie and all the great things it has to bring, Im so blessed to even be attending college. I have come to realize my life is not over and I have purpose at Dixie. I have accepted the acceptance.
     Life has many trials what counts is how you handle those trials to grow has a person, I have come to accept I am ready to turn the page.
                                         DIXIE STATE COLLEGE HERE I COME!!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I believe that all things have purpose. God perfectly orchestrates our life to fulfill His will. It is not about our own desires and dreams. He is looking for a vessel that He can use...one that is surrendered to His will. So whether we like it or not our hearts must be ready to serve.

    You will soon know why God picked this place for you. Even the white crayon has purpose. It stands for purity and surrender. Others may not find it very useful but God had a plan for it when He created it. :)

    Love you Kendall. I am proud of your accomplishments. You should feel super blessed and amazing for all the opportunities you have been given. It is because of God and your desire to serve Him that you have reached the heights you have reached.

    I won't wish you luck because you don't need it. You have everything within you already to succeed. God has prepared you. So whenever you feel doubt or fear just tap into the strength and wisdom that He has placed within you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much your just amazing you always know what to say i love you so much and I'm so blessed to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete