Monday, June 11, 2012

Rewind,Pause, FastForward

*Piece Number Two*
     Preparing for college is so stressful. Theres so much to think about and the number one thing is Money, Money, Money! I have thousands of dollars due by Aug.20th and I'm so stressed about it. Today probably was the icing on the cake for stress. I finished my FASFA a long time ago (government money) and I thought I was ahead, I thought I would have first dibbs on Dixie money and all would be well. Yeah guess what I thought wrong! My mom was hounding me non stop yesterday about my FASFA because we haven't heard anything from them in a while, so early this morning I decided to give them a call. It was a total blessing I did because turns out I filled out my FASFA saying I'm married, I have five kids, and four of them are going to college with me! ISNT THAT NUTTS! So right away I had to go into my FASFA refill it out and resend it but it's so late in the game I don't know if i'll get any loans or anything at all.
     For those of you going to college or are thinking about it do not put off your FASFA it's super important, it pretty much determines everything in college. Have it checked three times so you don't make the same mistake I did and feel like a complete bone head! I never knew how stressful getting ready for college was. I have so much I have to do with in 45 days. I have to buy stuff for my dorm, sign up for classes, buy books, pay for my tuition,classes,dorm,and meal plan. It's all just so much. At times like this i wish money did grown on trees I would keep my nice and healthy haha. I have always known I wanted to go to college but I just wish I was more prepared emotionally. Preparing for college is more then just getting good grades, it's being smart with money, it's being mature enough to start a new chapter in your life. It's being able to gain that INDEPENDENCE you've begged to have. Well now with a blink of an eye my independence is here theres no rewinding pausing or pressing fast forward. It's here waiting for me to take it full on This is the cross road in my life when I have to actually start making choices on my own and doing whats best for me.
   I know that threw all the stress, the random break downs and cry sessions I will be able to make it in college, Because I have the best support system in the world! My family and friends are simply amazing, I know with out them this journey would be more of a burden then a blessing. For anyone who's reading this and preparing for college or a megga change in your life all I can say is don't ever give up on something you really want. Even though I'm having trails galore this is a tremendous  blessing and I wouldn't give it up for something easier. I will live every moment of college to the fullest, every up and every down because it's struggles like this that shape you into the person you want to become. Take everything  as learning opportunity because it is, who knows maybe someone will  need my help with there FASFA and because of all the jumbled mess I went threw I will have the experience and knowledge to help them. So take in the good and bad, Never Rewind, Pause or FastFoward someone might need that split second of your time.

1 comment:

  1. Very well said. You show such maturity already. Just be confident in your abilities. God will work things out in your favor. Just hold on to your faith and keep believing in His power to make all things possible.

    ReplyDelete